Saturday, September 27, 2008

Socks! Socks!

The other day after Kathleen put Lena down for a nap, she thought she could hear some yelling. At first she thought it was neighbor kids, but soon realized it was Lena's voice.

As Kathleen walked up the stairs, she could hear Lena yelling "Socks! Socks! Socks!" over and over again. When Kathleen opened the door, Lena stopped shouting, but kept saying the word, 'socks.'

Why was she so adamant about socks? Because she had taken them off and thrown them out of her bed and couldn't reach them. As soon Kathleen put Lena's socks back on, she quieted down and fell asleep.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go put on some socks.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

She is her father's daughter. The legend is that Adam was born with socks on. Remember the scene from Ferris Bueller's Day Off where he gets out of the shower with socks on and then blow dries them? Based on the true story of Adam.

kerrlee said...

When I first saw the title of the post, I thought it must be a misspelling. I thought for sure it was going to be Lena imitating her dad cheering for the "Sox! Sox! Sox!" Go Red Sox!!

Adam said...

Lena is loving watching baseball. She gets all excited when the crowd roars and starts clapping.

As far as the Legend of Adam's Socks goes, I can neither confirm nor deny my brother's post. But I may have once told my Dad, "I don't like taking off my socks. It feels unnatural."

Kathleen Mangum said...

And Lena seems to really be taking it to heart. She asked for socks when she was going to bed last night. Whatever feels "natural" I guess. I'd wear flip-flops in the winter is my feet didn't get frostbite.