Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick or Treat

Halloween has brought a lot of fun to the Mangum house. Next to Christmas, it's my favorite Holiday. When else can you dress up in a purple king costume and not have people look at you funny? OK, people still looked at me funny, but it's still fun.


Here's Lena at the weekly play group decorating a paper pumpkin. One of Lena's favorite things to say this fall has been 'pumpkin patch' anytime she sees more than one pumpkin.


Here's the royal family outside of our neighbor's house after Lena's first ever trick-or-treating stop.

Kathleen and Lena walking back from our friend's house as we complete trick-or-treating.

Lena and I sitting on our porch, giving out candy. Lena got a kick out of handing out candy. When we heard kids approaching the house, Lena would run to the door and ask, "People coming?" She'd then try and open the front door (which she can't yet). Later in the evening she even handed out some candy herself. She was only slightly less excited by the visitors than I was.




And here's out four finished pumpkins. On the left is Kathleen's decorating talent (with an assist from our friend Kelly King), and on the right is my handiwork. The black pumpkins were done by spray-painting them black and then carving them. They came out pretty sweet.
I hope everyone had as fun a Halloween as we did. I'm already looking forward to next year.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love your costumes, especially Kathleen's. You should have called me; we could have gone as twin queens :-)