Friday, October 31, 2008

The Royal Family

The picture is a little fuzzy (it was taken with a cell phone because we didn't remember our camera), but you'll get the idea. On Wednesday night we went to our Ward's annual 'Trunk-or-Treat' party at the church. It included dinner, games, and then 'trunk-or-treating' in the parking lot.

We obviously had theme costumes: Lena as the princess, Kathleen as the queen, and me as the king (or possibly the Wiz from Seinfeld). Kathleen (seven months pregnant, mind you) even got down on her hands and knees to get a donut off a string. What a pregnant woman won't do for some sweets. Unfortunately I missed it because I was outside setting up our trunk.

So then it was trunk or treating. We decorated the back of our Buick Rendezvous with our four pumpkins. Lena, at first, didn't get the whole trick-or-treating thing, but picked up on it quickly. After about four cars she had taken the candy bucket from my hand and was quietly saying, "trick or treat" at each car. I think she'll be a pro when we go around our neighborhood tonight.

"I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!"

1 comment:

PerkinsClan said...

Oh, I wish I could've seen you trying to get that donut. The mental image makes me laugh, probably because I'd do the same thing!