Monday, November 24, 2008

No doubt about it...

Remember this??


We went to the allergist today to make sure that Lena really was allergic to peanuts. And...she is, no doubt about it. The bumps on her back were huge! Peanuts & cashews.


We had to wait 15 minutes before the doctor read the reaction (although it happened almost immediately). She wasn't supposed to touch or scratch her back. I felt so back b/c she kept saying "Scratchy" and trying to itch. I kept her entertained with some of her favorite magnet books. We also sang the monkey & alligator song which she loves and will spontaneously start singing. "Snap" right outta that tree." So cute! She was such a good sport and got a shiny-sequined purple coin purse as a prize.


So, ATTENTION!!! Do not give Lena peanuts or cashews. She's allergic to them both. Bummer!! I love peanut butter and cashews but now I'll only be able to eat them while in hiding. No Texas Roadhouse either. We almost went to eat there a few weeks ago but thought better when we walked in and the smell of peanuts hit us like a wall. Good thing we didn't go.

2 comments:

PerkinsClan said...

Yikes! Jessie's definitely not this allergic. Just a small rash when it touches her skin. She doesn't even seem to notice, and the allergist is hopeful that she'll grow out of it. I wish I could help you and give you more tips, but we actually don't do a lot for her allergy except not feed her peanuts. We're not real careful about cross-contamination and things like that. Good luck, and let me know how it goes.

beSlightlyAskew said...

Poor little girl...peanuts are in everything! And poor mom and dad--no Texas Roadhouse!