Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Big One

Well, probably no picture for this event, but it's a big one! After asking to sit on the toilet a few time with no success it finally happened tonight.

As I was putting Lena to bed she "tooted" and told me she was poopy. I asked her if we needed to changer her diaper, she said yes, surprisingly b/c she hate having it changed. Well, she wasn't poppy. I asked her if she was going to poop now. She said yes. Then I asked her if she wanted to sit on the toilet. Another surprising yes. So, we sat on the toilet looking at all the fun pictures of Sesame Street characters and then she did it!! She didn't poop, but did #1 (as Adam called it). After a few more toots she was done. Wiped. Washed hands. Our first successful potty trip.

I was excited and told her she did a good job. She smiled and looked pleased with herself. I didn't reward her with anything but a kiss so hopefully that can continue and we don't have to bribe too much. Hurray!! Maybe we'll try the princess Pull-Ups tomorrow. She also put her pants on herself (mostly) today. Exciting stuff!!

Good job, Lena!

2 comments:

kerrlee said...

Congratulations to Lena and to her parents!!

Mindy Dean said...

yeah! and don't feel guilty about bribes -- if you find you need them. I have found that one M&M will work wonders :)