Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Snow, baby and more

Yes, yesterday was our first real snow of the season. I know some of you out west are saying, "We already got several inches. Stop your whining." But is it likely to stay at or below freezing every single day until March? Will it get so cold that you can take a lukewarm glass of water outsidem throw it up in the air, and watch it freeze before it hits the ground? Huh? (Taking deep breaths to calm myself.)

Kathleen took Lena outside yesterday evening to feel the snow. Lena's response: "It's cold." Smart girl. One of her favorite books right now is about three forest friends who build a snowman together. Last night as I was putting her to bed, she got into her usual stall routine, asking for food, looking for games to play. As she passed the front door she said, "Make snowman outside?" She wasn't happy with me when I said no and took her upstairs.

Another cute story: Often I play a game with Lena where I 'steal her nose', grabbing it and then pretending its my thumb (wedged between two fingers). So she has started 'grabbing' almost anything from your face or body and then eating it. Like TBS, very funny.

So one night we were talking about the baby in mommy's belly. Lena looked at mom, pointed and said, "Baby belly?" We said yes. She then grabbed at Kathleen's belly then touched her belly and said, "Baby Lena belly." If only it were that easy.

No comments: