The other night I was home with Lena while Kathleen was out. I had a really bad migraine, and was struggling to keep up with Lena. We were up in her bedroom and she was playing with her toy house and I was half-passed out on the floor. She asked how I was doing, and I told her my head hurt.
Lena then found a sticker somewhere in her room (unfortunately I believe it was a shirt size sticker from her garbage) and asked, "Sticker head?" You see, to Lena, stickers are either for playing, or for making ouheys feel better (band-aids). So I said sure, and she put the sticker on my head and asked, "Better?"
After I said yes, she proceeded to reapply the sticker to my head 8-10 times, and asked me each time if I felt better. Finally she asked, "Kiss better?" I said yes, and she kissed my throbbing head. I then got up, got her ready for bed, and read her some books.
Sometimes all you need is a kiss to feel better.
1 comment:
Ahh... so cute
Post a Comment