Thursday, October 30, 2008

These pretzels are making me thirsty!

Lena isn't a kid who digs into a lot of stuff. She rarely empties the contents of cupboards, and she's pretty good when you tell her to stay out of things.

But recently she discovered that she can get into our pantry cupboard where all her favorite snacks are housed, including pretzels, goldfish crackers, and animal crackers. Remember, one of her first words was cracker.

So the other night we were getting ready for dinner when we realized that Lena had been into that cupboard and eaten her weight in pretzels. Oddly enough, when dinner was ready, Lena wasn't hungry anymore, much to her mother's frustration.

While it's nice she can get herself a snack, it would be better if she didn't do that right before dinner.

1 comment:

PerkinsClan said...

The first thing I thought when I read your post is, It must be your first child if it's taken her this long to dig into the snacks. I gave up on trying to control Jessica long ago.... Eldon was so easy to take care of! :)