I've been meaning to post this one for a while, but it took a few days after the depressing TCU loss for me to think about BYU football again.Some might say I'm too obsessed by sports. To those people I say: get a life! Seriously, I love BYU football, and we switched to DirecTV (which I would not recommend by the way) primarily to get the Mountain West Conference network and get to see every BYU football game. Kind of like living in Provo without Cafe Rio (bad) or annoying freeway drivers (good).
Lena has watched a lot of football in her 2+ years, but this was the first year we've watched a lot of BYU. And during the games I sing the BYU fight song after each score. Lena loves it, and sings along (much like her cousin Max). Her favorite part is the 'rah, rah, Go Cougars' at the end with the motions and everything.
So while I was gone the weekend of the New Mexico game, Kathleen and Lena had the game on in the background and sang the fight song a couple of times. And when I saw Lena the first time on Sunday, she asked me, "Cougar song?"
'Your training is complete.' I love being a Dad.
2 comments:
We are big fans of BYU football too, but not fans of DirecTV. They have caused up more problems than our cable used to. I wish we could go back to cable if it wasn't for the dang cougs. I am glad to see that Lena loves the fight song too. Kathleen, how is everything going with the new baby girl? Isn't that cool about Jean? Hopefully it is a girl and they can all be really close. Have a Happy Halloween, Make sure to post pics of Lena in her costume. Jen
I hope for her and us that Jean's having a girl. It's the trend now - hate to break it. Plus, girls are so fun. Lena's going to be a princess this year. So cute!!
Post a Comment