She's started eating on her own this week out of a bottle. She had done one bottle earlier in the week, but yesterday was a breakthrough as she ate 3 full bottles, including one from Kathleen, and did all of this with no ill effects (though she did sleep for more than 12 solid hours after the third bottle).
Today it was Dad's turn with the bottle.
The most common question we get is: when is Jane coming home? The answer: We don't know. We were originally told in the first few days after she was admitted to the NICU that the safe date to keep in our minds was her original due date (which was Sept. 24). The nurses said shortly thereafter that it might be sooner than that, but they've never discussed any specific date in the past 4 weeks. I have a friend at work who went through this recently who said they probably won't tell us until 1-2 before she's able to come home.
Jane was moved to her third room in the NICU and has all new roommates, two boys. She also rotates through nurses a lot, which is kind of frustrating. For the first week or so, we only met 3-4 different nurses. Now it seems like every day it's a different nurse, with a familiar face only every few days.
Overall our sweet Jane is doing great. She's growing, she's progressing, and she'll be home before we know it!
2 comments:
Very happy to hear!!
Thanks for keeping us all updated. I know you guys must get asked how things are going a lot, so this helps me be one less person to ask you that question. :)
Let me know what TWO days I can take the girls next week......if you want me to. :)
Hey... this is megan's sister.
I just wanted to say that I am SOOO happy that Jane is doing so well! It sounds like she will be going home really quickly barring any setbacks. It's crazy how fast it can end up going at the end. I know this is such a hard time right now-i just hope it continues to go smoothly. I can't believe I was in your shoes just 1 year ago.. you should see how big Ethan is now! You guys are continually in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment