
Our beautiful little Jane came home last night, a perfect present for Lena's birthday. Her final weight before leaving the
hospital was 4 lbs, 15.2 oz. She's probably over 5 lbs today. As you can see, she's starting to look more like a full-term newborn (though she's still a month short of her due date).

Mom and Dad with Jane. No tubes, no monitors. Terrific feeling. I'm also starting to get thirsty for an orange soda.

Kathleen and Jane with one of our favorite nurses, Hannah. Hannah was one of Jane's first nurses, and we all became good friends. The nurses at the
NICU were awesome with Jane, and if there's one bad thing about Jane coming home it's that we won't see as much of our new friends.

Jane looks really small in her
car seat, like a doll who isn't really supposed to fit.

Lena and Clare welcome Jane home. Grammy (Kathleen's mom) helped Lena make a welcome home sign, and the two girls excitedly came out and greeted the new little sister. Because of the visiting restrictions at the
NICU, this was the first time that Clare had seen Jane not through a window.

Lena is a great big sister. She is awesome with Clare (most of the time), and she was very tender with Jane last night.

Clare gave Jane a big hug. Clare did better last night than we anticipated; she was excited for the new baby and even was able to say Jane before going to bed.
I can't really describe how excited we are to have Jane at home with us. We are so grateful to all the wonderful people who have helped us over the past 5 1/2 weeks, those who have provided meals, babysat the girls, helped Kathleen around the house, given gifts, and offered support and prayers. We are truly blessed to have such great friends and family.
Welcome home Jane! We're glad to have you here!
4 comments:
I don't comment much, but wanted to tell you congratulations. I've been reading and wishing my best all along, I guess I should have said so. I'm glad she was able to come home.
Hooray! It is a strange transition, though, to leave that hospital setting where you've lived for so long. Every day will become more normal, though. I'm glad all went so well!
Woohoo!!!
I am so happy things worked out sooner then planned so she could be home with her wonderful family!!
You guys have done an amazing job through all of this. Such good examples to all of us on smiling through the hard times.
Congratulations!!!
Welcome home Jane!!
yeah!! We are so glad she is home and you are together as a family!
Post a Comment