Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Jane Update: Day 10

Quick update on our little Jane. (Sorry, no pictures.)

Jane is off of everything except for her feeding tube and the monitors which keep track of her breathing and heart rate. It's going to be weird when we take her home and hold her and don't know at each moment what her heart rate is.

She is currently fed through a tube which runs through her nose directly into her stomach. She is at her max feeding of 25 milliliters and has been for a day or so. After she has tolerated that for several days, they will move her up slowly (especially if she's not gaining weight).

She was born at 2 lbs and 13 oz, and, like most babies, lost weight in the first couple of days. She has started to slowly gain and is pack up to 2 lbs and 10 oz.

I was at the hospital this morning and she looks great. I held her during her feeding, and she's such a little sweetheart. Her eyes were open when I arrived, and she was looking around at me and the nurse. What an awesome blessing and miracle.

Kathleen and I have been overwhelmed by the support we've received. What a tremendous blessing it is to have such great family and friends. Not only do we have Kathleen's angel mother here to help, but we have the constant support of family from afar, and the constant support of our 'Wisconsin family.' Thank you all so much.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Hi Mangum Family =) I heard about the arrival of little Jane, and then Jennifer passed me your blog. What a little sweetheart you have; many thoughts and prayers for her continued growth and for you all to be home together soon! Oh, and she was born on my birthday too - it's a good day for a birthday =)