Friday, August 29, 2008

Lena is 2!

We're blogging a little late about Lena's birthday, but I was out of town on business this week and wasn't able to blog before I left. We had a great time on her birthday. She got a lot of cool presents, and we had cake with our friends the Hemmerts.


Lena in her birthday girl shirt.

Lena's first birthday cake. Last year we did cupcakes, and this year Daddy made a cake (with Mommy assisting on the frosting). You read that right.


Lena getting an assist from Mom on eating the cake.

Lena got a lot of wonderful gifts, including wooden play food from both sets of grandparents, and a princess dress for her favorite doll Ella. The wooden play food is cool. It's velcroed together, and Lena can cut it apart and stick it back together.

And because Lena loves food and cooking, we also bought her a play kitchen which we will put into our real kitchen when it arrives (sometime next week). So when Mom is busy cooking, Lena can do some herself. Her wooden pizza is to die for.

We had a great time, because you know what they always say: You only turn 2 once.

2 comments:

Margot Jones, homeowner said...

She is so cute. I'm just wondering why I wasn't invited to the party...whatever.

Jason said...

Happy Birthday Lena!

the Foremans