Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lena in pictures: 7-12 months



Lena was a very picky eater as a baby. She had trouble gaining weight and nursing wasn't enough for her, so we were pretty excited when she ate solids for the first time. I believe this was sweet potatoes. She also loved almost all the fruits, but struggled with the vegetables and meats. Of course, baby food meat-stuff is disgusting, so I don't blame her on that one. I ate a bite of the bacon surprise once, and I almost puked.





Lena looks really pretty in a pink dress Kathleen's Grandma Brough provided. It was so much easier to dress her when she didn't move very much. This was her dress on her first Easter.
















As I already mentioned, Lena had a hard time gaining weight and hated drinking out of a bottle. But after several long weeks of trying to get her to feed from a bottle, this picture shows her eating her 'first' bottle. We had bottle fed her in the first couple of months, but then we stopped, and it was months before she would touch one again.





Lena liked very simple games and this was one of her favorites. Basically I would put something on my head and have it fall into my lap. She would then laugh hysterically. Then I would repeat for 10-15 minutes before she got tired of it. We never tired of her laughter.




Here's Lena at her first professional baseball game watching the Brewers and the Giants at Miller Park in Milwaukee. She enjoyed the game, clapping whenever anyone else did. She did start crying after the crowd cheered a big hit, but recovered quickly.




Lena's first birthday came at us fast. So like many first-time parents, we threw a big party with friends from Church and work. This was Lena's first time eating chocolate and cake. She liked it a little too much.






Lena didn't really get the opening the presents thing. As you can see here, the other kids were much more into than she was, but she got some really cool gifts, many of which still entertain her today.

No comments: