Saturday, August 2, 2008

10 Years


WHS 10 Year Reunion
So, a few months ago I was having a crisis. I thought I was old and I'd missed out on all the "fun" years of crazy youth. Although I was wrong, it was a little traumatic. I've only been out of high school for 10 years and I'd been married for almost 8 of them. What happened to those crazy days of parties, beer, guys - oh yeah, I wouldn't have done that anyway. But what about traveling, and staying out late, and girlfriends, and being only responsible for yourself. Well, I would've been a student and then a teacher - not much money for traveling, although the time in the summer. I never stay out late, I love to sleep, I have great girlfriend, and what's fun with being only responsible for yourself? I wanted someone to share my life with, and that's what I got!

I had some awesome friends in high school. Shown above are Jennie (Ashworth) Taylor, Travis Kawabata, Dustin Lamarr. Below is Zac Robinson. Not shown, Jed Weller and Ryan Tilby. We had some awesome times, and I knew that they would always be there for me, and they were. But, then we graduated, and we all went our separate ways. I saw some of the at BYU and corresponded with others through email and letters, but really, that life was gone and a new one had started. I was out of high school and I moved one, quickly!!

I married Adam just 2 years into my college venture. He was graduated, had a job, and we didn't really want for much. He supported me through school and we had a great time going to movies, Provo Angel's baseball games, playing co-ed softball, and sharing life with each other. He supports and loves me more than anyone. He is my best friend and nothing can replace that. I have been lucky to always have great friends in my life and that has not changed in marriage.

What more can I ask for? Dates with stupid boys and having to guess what they are thinking? Sitting home at nights wondering if anyone is going to call me to go out? Not getting enough sleep and walking in the land of the dead? No thank you!! I'm glad that I went to my 10 year reunion, although the actual reunion was pretty lame - just dinner and NO DESSERT!! (I can't get over that) talking with everyone about life and how good it was but how much better it is now. So, thank you to my friends who were with me in high school, thank you to my friends from college, especially my friend Beth who introduced me to my dear sweet husband, Adam, and thank you Adam for giving me a wonderful (almost) 8 years of marriage and I'm sure a billion more!!

No comments: