On Monday we were back in North Salt Lake and went on a fairly hot day to
Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City. It's the zoo where both of us went when we were in elementary school (before I moved to Massachusetts).
The craziest part about that was that one of the elephants had been in the zoo for 30 years -- which meant Kathleen and I saw that very elephant when I was close to Lena's age.
Lena loves the zoo, and Clare seemed to enjoy it as well. Highlights included the elephants, zebras, rhinos, and of course, the monkeys. Here are a few pictures.

This is the famous lion's head drinking fountain, with Lena getting refreshed.

Most of the crew who went on Monday: Kristine holding Julia, with Jason behind her; Kathleen holding Lena; and Reese pointing excitedly. Darren, Grammy, myself and Clare are not pictured.

Kathleen and Clare outside of the zebras.

Dad and Lena on
the carousel.
As you can tell, we had an awesome time with Kathleen's family. The best part was seeing everyone and watching the four little girl cousins interact. The next one can't come soon enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment