To commemorate the day, we went to an awesome park in Cedar City. We had our own parade, played games, played at the park, and ate lunch.
The whole crew getting ready for the parade.
The parade.
Lena and her cousin Reese playing in the sand. Reese is holding Lena's sandals. Reese is apparently obsessed with shoes. Good luck with that, Darren and Larynn.
A couple of the adults (including Kristine, Kara, Dan and Grammy) got into walking across a narrow ledge in the park. Here's Kara getting guidance from Kristine.
We also played some games I don't have any pictures of, including an adult Red Rover, which I discovered is not an adult game, especially when you combine a bunch of hyper-competitives, and men the size of Babbo, Dan and Darren. The game ended after Tara and I held the line against Kristine. Unfortunately I was holding Lena, and she took a tumble. Evidence of the hyper-competitiveness, and a nominating moment for my candidacy for Dad of the Year.
That night we attended the Shakespeare play 'As You Like It', which was good, but not as good as the previous two.
On Saturday morning the adults left the kids with Karlee and Carly and went to the Mormon temple in St. George. It was awesome. That night we attended our final play, 'Private Lives', which was probably my least favorite, though still fun.
Sunday we headed back to North Salt Lake, but not before taking a good picture (minus Karlee and Carly).
Several of us stayed a few more days, and my last installment will cover our trip to Hogle Zoo.
1 comment:
Kathleen, I LOVE that picture of you in the green shirt. You look so stunning!!!
Hope you guys are feeling okay. Noticed you were not at church, so I am guessing Lena got worse.....
Post a Comment