Sunday, August 2, 2009

Lee family reunion, Part 1

We got back last week from the Kathleen's family reunion in Utah. We spent half the time at her parents house in North Salt Lake, and half in Cedar City at the Utah Shakespearean Festival. It was a blast, and Lena loved playing with her younger cousins Reese and Julia.

We arrived on Saturday and just lazily hung out with Babbo and Grammy (Kathleen's parents), including playing my new favorite game Dominion. Check it out.

Sunday was all about Kathleen's sister Kara who recently returned from an 18-month mission in the Czech Republic. She spoke in Babbo's ward (he's a counselor in a single branch presidency) and did a great job with her talk. One of the best missionary homecoming talks I've heard in a long time. (Yes, I know, I'm biased.)

On Monday most of the crew went into the city to Temple Square. (I stayed at home, sick, which thankfully only lasted through Monday morning.) The girls had a great time in the city.

Lena sitting on the steps of the Salt Lake Temple.

Lena enjoying the flowers on the grounds of Temple Square.

Tuesday was another 'lazy' day as we prepared to leave for Cedar City on Wednesday. Kathleen and I broke free for a couple hours to visit our old stomping grounds near BYU, including buying some Cougar paraphernalia at the BYU Bookstore. We get a chance to visit BYU again with the girls the next day.

More to come on the Lee Reunion...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhh Zion!!!! I soooooo miss living where there are temples on every city block. :(