
Friday was my birthday, and though I'm not quite as old as Harrison Ford here, I did turn the big 3-2.
On Friday night we went to dinner at Nakashima, a Japanese hibachi grill not too far from our house. (Yes, they do have food besides burgers, brats and beer in Wisconsin; not much, but some.) The salmon was terrific, and nothing beats dodging flying shrimp.
Saturday we dropped Lena off at the babysitters and hit the batting cages, the mini-golf course (Kathleen won by two strokes), and then went to see 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.' The movie was good; I'd give it a 7 out of 10. It was a lot of fun, though not as good as the first or third one. Still, if you are an Indy fan, you've got to see it. If not, go watch 'Raiders of the Lost Ark.' I watched it on Friday night to get me in the mood.
Overall it was an awesome weekend. Great food, good times, and Kathleen and I spent more time alone together than we have in probably two years. It was a great birthday.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Mags. You're an old faht!
If I have to eat something other than burgers, brats and beer than I am never coming to Wisconsin.
The only thing I can imagine would beat dodging a flying shrimp would be watching someone you love get hit in the face with a flying shrimp.
Post a Comment