Friday, April 10, 2009

New residents at the Mangum house

As is our tradition since we moved into this house 3 years ago, we are very slow to take down the Christmas wreath on our front door. Next year we may be a little quicker. Why you ask? Because this year there's a bird living in the wreath.
That's right, a real, live bird. I discovered this one morning when I opened the door to check the temperature outside, and I noticed a bird fly away. I looked in the wreath to find a nest filled with 5 little, blue eggs. So in order to preserve the life of the little baby birds, we will wait until later this spring (probably June) to remove the wreath.
So next time you visit our house, be careful when approaching the front door. You may get a little surprise. Some pictures are below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!! That is hilarious!!!
You know, your neighbors are going to think you guys are nuts for keeping a wreath on your door. :)
That could be a pretty funny joke on someone who comes a knocking. ha ha! (as long as the bird doesn't poop on her way out.....eek!)
Very cool though!!!