Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lena's prayer

The other night while I (Adam) was putting Lena to bed, she said the funniest prayer I've ever heard her say. I'm not remembering all of it, but enough for you to get the flavor of what she said.

As usual, she started off with, "Heavenly Father, bless the food" which is funny because we were putting her to bed. Then she launched into her usual list of blessing: "Kara on her mission" (Kathleen's sister serving in the Czech republic); "Babbo and Grammy, Mimi and Dede" (the grandparents); "Darren, feel better" (Kathleen's brother, who it turns out was sick and we didn't know it, but apparently Lena did); "Mommy, Daddy, Clare, sleep well."

Then she went off script a little. "Bless magnet on chair. Bless window. Bless Lena's dolls. Bless Clare's bed." She just started looking around the room and blessing whatever she saw, including the diapers.

It was very hard not to laugh. Who knew praying could be such wonderful entertainment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I can understand praying for the diapers. Those things don't always work the way they should. ha ha!
She is too funny!!!

Heather S. said...

I love kid stories, you've gotta record them to remember later on.