The night I got back from Vegas, Kathleen and Kristine took off for a dinner with some of Kathleen's friends, leaving me with three little girls under the age of 2 1/2. Wow. I thought I was superdad and could handle it, but taking care of three kids at the same time -- crazy. Mom: How did you ever do seven? Yikes. And I realize I've used like three superlatives in this paragraph. Good Golly!
But we did have some fun moments. Julia put on my winter hat, and pulled it down over her face and started walking around. Lena thought it was so funny, she couldn't stop laughing (and of course wanted to put on her own hat).


So we got hats for both of them. In the top picture is Julia attempting to climb over Lena (because she can't see her). And the lower picture is Lena telling Julia to sit down with a not-so-subtle pull.
Below you can see them in the kitchen dancing. Lena is striking a pose that seems to say: "I'm all that and you better believe it." With the oversized hat and toy broom, Julia looks like she's scheduled to do some spring cleaning in the dead of winter.
So again goes to show you: With little kids, all you need are some simple props and imagination, and you too can handle three young girls without you or them sustaining any serious injury.
So again goes to show you: With little kids, all you need are some simple props and imagination, and you too can handle three young girls without you or them sustaining any serious injury.
1 comment:
Thanks so much for watching them, Adam. We had a good time out there in Wisconsin. Julia is still talking about Lena and "tiny baby" (insert grimace). Kristine
Post a Comment