Sunday, February 22, 2009

Lena and the bunny

On Valentines Day I (Adam) took Lena to our local Children's Museum for the appearance of Little Nutbrown Hair, a character from one of Lena's favorite books, 'Guess How Much I Love You.' It was an awesome father-daughter date, and a great way to spend Valentines morning.


First we ate breakfast with a roomful of strangers. The breakfast included soggy french toast sticks, bananas, go-gurt, and oranges. We should have gone to IHOP.


Lena and I after breakfast.

They had a woman read the story (I do a much better rendition), and I had to hold back Lena the entire time because she wanted to go sit down next to Little Nutbrown Hair (whom she informed me was probably Big Nutbrown Hair because he was so big). The moment she finished the story, Lena rushed the poor costumed figure, and then proceeded to follow him around the museum. She would have sat with him all day if I had let her.
Lena had her face painted (by one of our local missionaries no less) and we made a bunny hat (or in Lena's words, "A bunny crown hat.")
The museum has a lot of fun activities, including a miniature fire engine. Here's Lena dressed up like a fire fighter (with a painted face).
After the museum, we went to the mall and had McDonald's and ice cream (and got lots of comments on Lena's painted face). It was a really fun day, and I'm sure we'll be back next year when Little Nutbrown Hair returns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww, Lena is so cute!!
I think Audrey would have taken off screaming if a bunny that size was next to her. ha ha!
I need Peter to take our girls out on the town some time.
What a fun idea!