The imaginative, always talking, constantly thinking little Lena, the greatest 3-year old in the world.
Imagination. Lena has an imagination that never stops. She's constantly playing with imaginary friends, dolls and stuffed animals. She makes them food (don't interrupt because the food might burn) and she loves to teach them lessons (like reading or math). She is her father's child in this respect, and sometimes it's a little too much for mom to have two crazy imaginations in the house.
School. Lena is now attending pre-school twice a week, which she affectionately calls 'Andy's school' because her friend Andy goes there, and that's how we referred to it before she started attending. She absolutely loves it; no separation anxiety at all for her. She is also taking an art class once a week in the evenings.
Knowing her limits. Lena is allergic to peanuts, and we've gone to great lengths to ensure she knows that. So the other day at the doctor, the nurse greeted Lena and Daddy calling Lena peanut, and this was Lena's response: "I can't have peanuts, I'm allergic. They make me sick and I have to get a shot. Please don't give me any peanuts." After the nurse stopped laughing, she assured Lena that this visit would be peanut free.
Testing her mother's limits. Potty training has not been a smooth process. Lena makes it to the potty most times, but she's easily distracted and still prone to accidents. We're looking to outsource potty training, if anyone's interested.
Perfect big sister. Lena adores Clare and loves to take care of her. A few nights ago we could hear them talking well after bedtime, and when Daddy went up to check on things, he found the following: Lena had turned the light back on and was sitting on the ground next to Clare's crib. Lena was reading Clare's favorite book, 'Moo, Baa, La-la-la.' When he asked her why she wasn't in bed, Lena responded: "Clare wasn't sleepy, so I'm reading her a book."
3 comments:
A lot of times she says that peanuts will make her "die to Jesus." It would've been even funnier if she said that. Love that girl.
"die to Jesus?" That is hilarious!
She is such a fun little girl! I usually laugh many times when she comes over to play. She is like this grown up mommy trapped inside a little girl's body. ha ha!
Ah ha. I found your blog! Now I can follow you guys when we move away!
Post a Comment