The next morning Adam went to the temple, while Kathleen stayed in the hotel with the girls. Nothing better then being confined to a small space with two kids under 4.
We were then joined by our friends Jackie and Kevin Hale, and their two boys Tavian (8) and Aiden (4). Jackie and Kathleen went to the temple while Kevin and I took the kids to the Kohl's Children Museum. Fun place, but the boys went at a slightly different pace than Lena, so we separated pretty early. I don't think Tavian or Aiden could have spent 30 minutes playing in the baby doll house like Lena did.
We then headed north to West Bend, Wis., where the Mormon church there was putting on a live nativity (indoors of course, because it is Wisconsin). We stopped at Culvers on the way. For he uninitiated, Culvers is a midwest burger joint, home of the famous butterburger. It's as delicious as it sounds.
The nativity was awesome. They had something like 500 nativities from all over the world and all different styles on display as well, everything from crystal and wood, to cloth and international flavor.
Lena really enjoyed the live nativity, and at the end of the presentation, we were looking at at, as the actors stayed very still. This annoyed Lena, because she said hi to them, and they wouldn't say hi back. Her constant chatter got one boy (who was playing a shepherd) to start laughing softly. Several of the other actors also started smirking. And as we left the room, the boy collapsed laughing, unable to hold it in any longer.
It was a terrific day to kick off the Christmas season.
The nativity was awesome. They had something like 500 nativities from all over the world and all different styles on display as well, everything from crystal and wood, to cloth and international flavor.
Lena really enjoyed the live nativity, and at the end of the presentation, we were looking at at, as the actors stayed very still. This annoyed Lena, because she said hi to them, and they wouldn't say hi back. Her constant chatter got one boy (who was playing a shepherd) to start laughing softly. Several of the other actors also started smirking. And as we left the room, the boy collapsed laughing, unable to hold it in any longer.
It was a terrific day to kick off the Christmas season.
3 comments:
Soooooo, the museum is a good thing?!!! I know we had talked about it Kathleen, but now that you have actually gone.......does it work for Temple trips?
The part about Lena talking to the nativity people made me laugh.
I would love to tag along with her on her first date and see how many words the guy actually gets in. ha ha! Love that girl!!!
Well, it'd be like Adam and our first date. He can talk.
Adam was there with Lena for 2 hours and didn't cover everything. So I'm sure it would work. They also have a cafeteria area where you can eat and/or buy food. They even have baby spoons b/c Adam forgot to get one from the car.
I'd say drop them off, go to the temple, come back for lunch, and switch. If your kids can handle that much. I hear it was fun.
I think the veterinarian area was her favorite when we went, too. I sense a doctor in the making! :)
Post a Comment