Saturday, May 9, 2009

Being a big sister

Lena loves being a big sister. She's constantly trying to help, and likes being called a 'big helper.'

Yesterday Kathleen was out at the park with the girls, and Clare got a little sun-burnt around one of her eyes. Last night we went out, and started to put on sunscreen. Kathleen and I left the room for just a moment, and returned to find Lena trying to put sunscreen on Clare, way too much sunscreen. Half the bottle to be exact. After we got over the initial scare and making sure Clare has nothing in her eyes or mouth, we went on our way. Of course, that was after we explained to Lena that she doesn't put sunscreen on her sister. She just wanted to help keep her sister from getting burnt again.

Then this morning, I stepped out of our bedroom for a minute, and when I returned Lena had put a blanker over Clare and was sitting there reading her a book.

Being a big sister isn't easy. But Lena is getting pretty good at it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! She is so sweet! I think its adorable how much she loves babies.

P.S. The "bird" headings crack me up!! Its like a blog Series. ha ha! When does the next one come out?!!! :)

Mindy Dean said...

what a good helper!