It's been really cold here, making us all shut-ins. Schools were cancelled two days in a row, and I didn't see a single kid in the neighborhood out during their day off.
How cold was it? Thursday had a 'high' of 3 below, and a low of 17 below. Friday was a little warmer. High of 1 below, low of 21 below. It's so cold you can take a cup of lukewarm water outside, throw it up in the air, and most of it will freeze before it hits the ground. And snot freezes in your nose. Gross, but true.
So, please come visit us in Wisconsin. The summers are beautiful.
4 comments:
you make me laugh. It was a warm negative 11 here this morning. Big improvement over your temps. Consider us for a winter getaway. hehehe
Hold up -- how did you get the water trick to work? I tried that Thursday night and was sorely disappointed. And it was -12 then. We tried throwing it really high, far, etc. No luck. I'm so jealous it works for you!
No special tricks on the water (it was -16 when we did it). Only used a little water, and the wind was blowing. Not all of the water froze, but there was a good bit of ice before it hit the ground.
Craig did that trick with a mug full of hot water and it evaporated as soon as he threw it into the air! I got it on video, but haven't figured out how to blog it yet...
Post a Comment