I neglected to write about one really good story from the Mangum Family Reunion.
One night after dinner several of the cousins, aunts, uncles, Kathleen, myself, Lena and Mimi were sitting around the large dinning room table at the vacation home. Somehow the topic of Lena's favorite songs came up, so a few of us sang to her "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." She loves the song, and if you don't sing the last word of each line, Lena will fill in the blank.
But we didn't stop there. We continued singing as a group "Itsy, Bitsy Spider", "Popcorn Popping" and "Humpty Dumpty", all of Lena's favorites. She sang along, did all the motions, and had a fabulous time. She's rarely cheered so loudly or smiled so big. And she kept asking us to sing again and again, which we did for probably fifteen minutes, singing each song several times.
I wish we had a picture or a video of this spontaneous event, but unfortunately our camera was upstairs. Still, when I think back on this Mangum Reunion 2008, this will be one of my fondest memories, sweet little Lena getting joy out of simple songs as we all sang along.
1 comment:
Your are welcome to join us at the lunch concert any time! I know the kids would love playing with Lena in the water. We don't leave until Saturday, so we will be there this Thursday at 11:30 if you want to come. I always sit on the grass right by the fountain so I can watch the kiddos. :)
Post a Comment