Sunday, July 20, 2008

Mangum Reunion Part 3

I know what you're probably thinking: this is like being stuck at a friend's house as they break out their slide show of pictures of their vacation to Disney World -- all 700 of them. It feels like it will never end. Don't worry; we're almost through Tuesday. And I'm actually going to finish the Mangum Reunion portion of our vacation with this post.

On Tuesday night we went to Scituate Lighthouse. It's not a famous lighthouse, but it was about 15 minutes from our house in Norwell, Mass. It holds a lot of memories for most of us, and was a great place to have family pictures. Below are the best shot of our little family, then all 24 of us, and also a picture of the lighthouse.

Wednesday was a day in Boston. We went to the Red Sox game vs. the Minnesota Twins. Luckily for Kathleen and I, we were able to drop Lena off with Kathleen's mom. I don't think Lena would have enjoyed Boston's 18-5 victory nearly as much as we did.

Kathleen and I enjoying a day game at Fenway. And below is the famous Green Monstah (viewed from our seats).

Below is Lena with one of her favorite activities of the week: riding in a plastic car around the back yard of the place where we were staying. Her cousin Hayley frequently pushed her.

Kathleen gets to feel a little bit of what it would be like to be the mother of four, with Haley, Lena, and Jake surrounding the popular baby Bria.

Thursday was a free day. We spent it at the house laying around.

On Friday we were supposed to go on a Duck Tour of Boston. It's this really cool tour where you ride in a duck boat which goes on land and into the Charles River. Unfortunately the boats were all full, so we improvised, our little family (with my sister Rachel, and my brother Sam's family of three) heading out to Boston's Italian North End and the famous Mike's Pastry Shop (one of our family's favorite places). We then hit Fanieul Hall and Quincy Market.


Here we are at the southern end of the North End. If that makes any sense.

Friday night was the closing ceremonies, where I acted as the MC and each of our family received awards. Lena was named American Idol (for her singing exploits I'll write about in a later post), Kathleen received an award for 'Most Contagious Laugh', and I was named 'Best Story Teller', mainly for my stories about Leo the Dr Pepper can, and his many exploits. I think Hayley is still laughing.

The next morning we cleaned the place up and headed out. It was such a great time. I had not seen all my family together since my brother Sam was married three years ago (I missed the last reunion due to work), so it was really special. We built memories that will last a lifetime, in a place we have so many memories already.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why am I in the mood for Cheerios? Seriously though, those are some great pics. I love watching Lena on the ducks. She is alot of fun. I think she helped convice Max that having a sister will be okay.