Sunday, April 21, 2013

Passing down the knowledge

This is an excerpt of a recent conversation between Lena and Clare. Kathleen and I were sitting in the others room trying not to laugh too loudly so they wouldn't stop talking. This isn't the entire conversation unfortunately, but it's highly representative.

Clare: Lena why do moms have all the rules?
Lena: Well, parents know more than we do. Like 100+200 is 300. When I was three I didn't know that. And 2, 100 times is 200. Odd+odd=even, and odd+even=odd, and even+even= even. Moms and Dads know these kind of things.

Clare: Well, how do grown ups think about you?
Lena: In the back of your forehead is your brain... And all the stuff you learn goes into your brain. That's how they think about you.

Clare: Well, who made all the buildings?
Lena: the builders
Clare: No, the roads and people. Who made all of those?
Lena: People came from up there, in heaven. God created us.

Clare: Why did god create me?
Lena: Because he wanted you to like Minneapolis and to live here.
Clare: So he gave us TVs and batteries






Sent from my iPhone

No comments: