Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rummage Sale (and other randomness)

Most of you who read this blog probably already know this, but for others, this will be news: Adam took a new job with Land O'Lakes in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. Adam starts the new job on June 9, and Kathleen and the girls will follow him to Minnesota sometime later this summer. Many things need to take place before then, including getting the house in Wisconsin ready to sell, and a reunion and wedding in Utah. But our little family is relocating to Minnesota and the name of our blog will change.

As part of that preparation, we held a garage sale last weekend. It was a success, as we found new homes for a couch, a table and chair set, Adam's original XBox, and many other little things. We even exchanged a foosball table for an old piano.

Lena was quite the sales girl. Almost everytime anyone picked up a toy, Lena would extol the virtues of the toy to the potential buyer. She also consistently greeted our guests and enjoyed playing outside for the most part of two days.

We were also able to get rid of the old lawnmower. I cannot express in words how much I (Adam) hate our old mower. Five years ago I bought this stupid thing, a push mower from Walmart. It has been the bane of my existence since, and going cheap did not treat me well.

But those days are gone. I bought a self-propelled mower, and I now like mowing the lawn again. I can do it in less than an hour, and it's a better mower, so it looks better too.

2 comments:

Grossarths said...

I guess I haven't been keeping up with the blogging world lately becuase I did not know you guys are moving! Even though we don't live there anymore, it makes me sad because in the back of my mind I thought maybe we would move back there someday and get to hang out with Kathleen again! I'm sure everyone there will miss you guys a lot!

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

I think you should keep the blog name as Wisconsin Mangums.......Just because it sounds better than the Minnesota Mangums. ;)
This post is just sad. :(