Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lena Top 10

No pictures this time, but we haven't posted in a while, so here's a top ten list of my favorite things about our adorable Lena. I'm doing this mainly because Kathleen, Lena and Clare went to Utah to visit her family while I'm gone on business, and I miss my girls.

10. She talks to a lot of imaginary friends, including feet. She will often talk to my feet when I'm sitting on the coach, and will sometimes try and rock them to sleep.

9. She loves her little sister. She wants to hold her all the time, and loves playing 'catch' with her. This consists of Lena throwing balls that bounce off Clare. Lena thinks this is hilarious.

8. She does anything to stall when we're putting her to bed, including: prayers that last 10 minutes; asking to go potty; and saying 'I love you Daddy' to try and melt my heart.

7. The simple joy she takes in little things. For example, the sun was coming through the curtain in our front room the other day, and Lena noticed the dust hanging in the sunshine and asked what it was. After I explained, she said, "I catch the dust." She spent the next 10 minutes playing with the dust.

6. Running. We play a chase game where we run around the house. Nothing gets her more excited.

5. She loves watching sports with Daddy. Sometimes if I turn off a game, she says, "No daddy. Lena want baseball." That's my girl.

4. Her enthusiastic smile.

3. Her love for her mom. Lena loves her mom, and they're best friends.

2. Her friendly nature. She says hi to anyone. Yesterday when we were loading the car, Lena walked out into our driveway and told all the neighbor girls she was going on a plane.

1. She's my little sidekick and follows me around the house. Nothing makes me happier than having my little Lelu follow me around and want to be part of whatever I'm doing.

Later this week I'll countdown what I love about Clare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww!!
That first one cracked me up!!!
That girl is the cutest kid EVER!!!