We all arrived late Friday night and drove out to our hotel Sam's Town, which is off the strip and close to the UNLV campus. It's a cool place which has, of course, a casino, but also 3-4 restaurants and a 16-screen movie theater.
Saturday we woke up early (meaning before noon) and spent some time at the sports book, just to watch college football (wink, wink). We also watched the movie GI Joe which wasn't very good. Then it was to the alumni tailgate and the game.
Matt, Marc and I at the game. Yes there is an stunning similarity, but we are brothers. And we're all wearing almost the exact same clothes. We ate popcorn, chicken and salad. No brats meant I knew I wasn't in Wisconsin.
Check out that beard! The stands were filled with mostly BYU fans, so besides the beer in the stands, it felt like a home game.
On Sunday morning we drove over to the Green Valley Resort, and you can see the apple pancake I devoured above. I'm still full. We then made our way to another casino, M, where we watched NFL games and learned that you can bet on every series of a football game.After that we made our way to the strip. We ate at an awesome burger place in Mandalay Bay, and Marc and Matt added a milk shake, with Matt almost hurling afterward.
We made our way over to Luxor, which is one of the few major casinos I've never seen. Let's just say I don't want to be buried in a pyramid. Weird place. My brothers then dragged me to an exihibit called Bodies. If you've never heard of this, it's a collection of cadavers that are preserved and displayed . I thought it would be gross and tried to talk my brothers into Donnie and Marie. Not really, but I didn't want to go.
It was fascinating. I learned a ton about the human body, and only the reproduction section was awkward, especially being there with my two brothers. Many 14 year-old jokes were made throughout the exhibit. Heck, many 14 year-old jokes were made the entire weekend.
Here's Matt looking through a human body. A little creepy, if you asked me.It was an awesome trip. The only thing missing was our other brothers, Don and Sam, both of whom couldn't make. But we will do it again. Hopefully soon.
2 comments:
Nice cover story for the trip. It's good to see that what really happened on this trip stayed there.
Amen brother!
Adam
Post a Comment